Last modified 2007-01-06 07:00
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to,
- Scalable Data Management Applications and Systems
- Parallel/Distributed architectures: Clusters and parallel systems of various topologies, supercomputers, shared memory, distributed memory, general- and special-purpose architectures, instructional level parallelism, ...
- Parallel/Distributed applications: Numerical computations/methods, neural networks and fuzzy logic, medicine, remote sensing, computer vision, computer graphics and virtual reality, parallel/distributed databases, banking, financial markets, high-performance computational biology, ...
- Networks and interconnection networks: Scalable networks, reconfigurable networks, routing issues, general-purpose network performance for distributed applications, network protocols, internet technology, optical interconnections and computing, novel network topologies, ...
- Reliability and fault-tolerance: Software and hardware fault-tolerance (system- and application-level), fault diagnosis, fault-tolerance measurement.
- Building block processors: Applications of processors that can be used as basic building blocks for multicomputer systems.
- Real-time and embedded systems: Small-scale parallel systems for high-performance control, data acquisition, and analysis; configuration, routing, scheduling, performance guarantees, ...
- Parallel/Distributed algorithms: Algorithms exploiting clusters and general-purpose distributed and parallel systems, new vector/pipeline issues, shared memory, distributed memory, virtual memory, ...
- Multimedia communications, systems, and applications: High-speed networking, multimedia architectures and protocols, multimedia applications, quality of service support, operating system and networking support, internet tools and applications, audio/video delivery over the internet, ...
- Software tools and environments for parallel and distributed platforms: operating systems, compilers, languages, debuggers, monitoring tools, software engineering on parallel/distributed systems, ...
- High-performance computing in computational science: intra-disciplinary and multi-disciplinary research programs and applications.
- Performance Evaluation and Management of Wireless Networks and Distributed Systems
- FPGA-based design
- Performance analysis, evaluation, prediction, ...
- Nanotechnology in HPC
- High-performance Mobile computation and communication.
- Object oriented technology and related issues.
- Scheduling and resource management.
- Petri Nets: theory, analysis, tools and applications.
- Web-based simulation and computing.
- Recent history (last decade) of parallel/distributed processing and what to expect during the next decade if history repeats itself; new horizons.
- Other aspects and applications relating to high-performance computations.
- Emerging technologies